Episode 436: Paul Harrington on Government Contracting
September 4, 2021
Paul spent ~9 years with McKinsey & Company, where he was a Partner based in Washington D.C. Within the firm’s Global Public and Social Sector Practice, Paul led the Go to Market (GTM) team, which spanned 23 countries.
Prior to McKinsey, Paul held roles General Dynamics Information Technology, Johnson & Johnson, Ariba (now part of SAP) and Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), and is a former U.S. Army officer. Paul has particular expertise in Public Sector Go to Market strategy and operating models, as both an advisor and practitioner. You can visit Paul’s company website at pathfinderconsultingllc.com, and he can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key points include:
- 03:18: Doing business development in the public sector
- 09:41: How the decision process works
- 14:04: RFPs and the procurement process
- 21:17: Work from the federal government for independent professionals
- 28:20: Paul’s work as an advisor on procuring government contracts