Episode 433: J. Andrew McKee on Biotech
August 26, 2021
Andrew has over 15 years of experience in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and other healthcare sectors. His team specializes in growth strategy projects pertaining to cutting-edge medical technologies. Since 2012, his team has conducted over 100 projects for executives in the C suite, commercial franchises, corporate development, and R&D, and spanning nearly every therapeutic area undergoing innovation.
In this episode, he gives an in-depth view of the biotech industry. Andrew can be reached through LinkedIn or you can email him at Andrew@headlandstrategy.com. And you can listen to more from Andrew on Episode 355.
Key points include:
- 01:09: A quick explanation of biotech, agricultural biotech, and industrial biotech
- 08:09: The difference between pharma and biotech
- 12:28: Drugs that fall into the biotech category
- 18:45: Differences in delivery methodologies between small molecule and more complex molecules
- 24:31: The different roles and functions at biotech and pharma companies