Episode 387: Steven Pressfield on A Man at Arms and creative battles
March 31, 2021
Steven Pressfield’s books have been hugely influential on my life and it was a real thrill to welcome him on the show.
Steve is the author of Gates of Fire and about a dozen other novels, mostly historical fiction set in the time of ancient Greece and Rome.
He’s also the author of the modern classic The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles.
Steve’s latest book is A Man at Arms, a fantastic deliver-the-message tale about a retired Roman legionnaire who has been ordered to intercept the messengers who are trying to deliver Paul’s letter to the Corinthians.
I liked this book so much that I’m giving away 25 copies to listeners of this show.
Get your copy here: http://bit.ly/GetAManAtArms
For more info about Steve, visit https://stevenpressfield.com/
Key points include:
- 09:56: What to do when the muse visits
- 15:16: Why Steven reads non-fiction.
- 16:17: Research for Steven’s books
- 22:25: Children developing creativity
- 26:11: Resistance is universal
- 27:53: How Steven recognises a professional
- 31:20: Thoughts on masculinity