Episode 383: Adam Braff on Forecasting
March 18, 2021
Adam Braff is a former McKinsey partner; he runs a data and analytics consulting firm called Braff & Co. where he advises investors, boards, and senior leadership teams on extracting maximum value from their investments in data and analytics. Today, we talk about forecasting.
Key points include:
- 02:17: What Adam learned from running a forecasting contest
- 07:04: The problem with overconfidence
- 10:42: What differentiates a good from a bad forecaster
- 16:23: Researching STEM topics to make a prediction
- 20:42: How forecasting has manifested in Adam’s advisory work.
- 30:16: Addressing how to get better at forecasting
You can learn more about forecasting and check out Adam’s masterclass at https://braff.co/advice.