Episode 367: Robyn Bolton on developing innovation within the organisation
March 2, 2021
Robyn Bolton is a leading innovation consultant. A BCG alum, she was a partner at Innosight, a top innovation consulting firm that was founded by Clayton Christensen.
She has been an independent consultant focused on innovation since 2018. You can reach out to Robyn or follow her thought leadership blog on her website at milezero.io.
Key points include:
- 01:03: How innovation differs from R&D
- 04:16: An example of innovation consulting for a sporting goods manufacturer’s business model
- 08:54: The diagnostic of the current state of innovation within the company
- 11:53: Categorizing each project on dimensions
- 16:56: Getting the project off the ground
- 25:32: Innovation that gets results
- 32:00: Venture teams as a strategy