Episode 366: Kyle Sturgeon on turnarounds, bankruptcy, and restructuring
March 1, 2021
Kyle Sturgeon, an alum of Alvarez & Marsal and McKinsey, is a Managing Partner and Co-Founder of MERU.
He has led complex transformations and restructurings for companies across industries, with a focus in retail and consumer, healthcare, and materials.
Today we discuss what’s involved with guiding a company through bankruptcy or restructuring. To find out more about Kyle’s company visit: wearemeru.com. Key points include:
- 00:58: The birth of Meru
- 04:32: Shutting down a $200,000 company
- 10:22: How to sell off inventory
- 17:06: How Kyle’s business model works
- 21:34: A restructuring project
- 22:47: The Tough Mudder case study
- 31:52: Orientation towards cash
- 41:30: The growth of Meru