Episode 250: Maureen Pritchard on how to get started with your estate plan
March 31, 2020
Maureen Pritchard is a trust and estates attorney based in New York City.
In today’s episode, Maureen discusses:
- What information you should gather before meeting with a trust and estates attorney
- What is the benefit of creating a will?
- What are the benefits of creating a trust?
- What are the considerations in designating a guardian for your children?
- What other documents, besides a will or trust, should be included in an estate plan?
- How much will it cost to have the documents prepared?
- Why not use LegalZoom?
- How to select a trust and estates attorney
Maureen kindly shared several documents that can help you get started:
12 tips for guardianship
Estate Planning Worksheet
Will Design Sheet
Contact info for Maureen is on her firm’s website: